Monday 20 October 2014

Quick reflect of Print.

10 objects to collect and I narrowed it down to 8, hard to think about what objects to use. Do they relate to me? Do I even like them? And the answer was no, not really. The image firstly states what my objects are... To which started me off on this print journey, the introduction of print. Objects one by one were hand drawn using different media (black), different drawing techniques... Once I tried to find every way possible to draw my simple objects the fun disappeared. I couldn’t find any more ways to draw a video, a shot glass, and bracelets’. Until the drawings days I found there was more to my objects that I knew- I was thinking outside the box.                                                                       
Drawing motifs, combining them. Thumbnails were my saviour. I was no longer ‘bored’ of my simple objects as I was creating and developing from them (thumbnail sketches image). Thumbnail’s helped me, saved my work basically as my development is strong because of them. The print side was fast paced, but great to learn. Trying out various workshops to which the digital side was an experience, It was a bit like marmite for me I liked it one day and next didn’t like it so much.
I have experienced peer reviews before, but not so soon into a course. The comments and feedback was/is helpful (image of peer review).By receiving the feedback it showed me I did produce a good body of work and what I thought was minimal clearly shows it was not.  Being introduced to print to start with was a rush and knew it would be fast paced, but now looking back at my development it has paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment