Monday 9 November 2015

Intentions Feedback six

It clicked. It was about my marks, not just the shapes.. so from that 'clicking' I started to create more marks using lino, inks, pen/sharpie, pencil etc.
These new marks I'm happy with and confident with them as fell they will push me further.. from the new marks I then began to focus on designs. Design after design after design.

Mark making

Creating the colour palette on digital by scanning in my painted palette was easy enough to do and quicker so I could get straight into these designs.  From the designs I have improved a lot more than I thought. The designs were coming together, the marks were representing themselves and I was confident showing to the group of the designs.
The colour palette was now suited and the design felt more like a collection to me.
From the feedback given I felt like they got the sense that it was coming together now but some areas they felt like I was loosing the original quality of the simple line work I involved in many of the drawings and digitals,From that comment it was more of me not loosing the content.. I need to use the whole project, which then lead onto how the designs need to be a little more complex now. Advising to go back and amend meant I could play around more with the designs!
From the feedback I was clear what the aim is:
- Create more complex designs using LINE. (thinner lines)
3 boards- concept, process, context. Draft versions of these boards. Feedback given:
- Scale down images (more important bigger to be)
- Key words to explain
- Visually communicate
- One image of company
The feedback of the draft boards I was happy about as I did struggle with them! From this feedback this should hopefully help me develop the boards more for next week.
The final stage to consider now is what will be presenting for assessment:
- Final Collection 8-10 designs (boards)
- 3 or 4 Boards ( Concept, Process, Context, Colour Board?)
- Blog posts + Blog evaluation of whole project
- Research

DESIGNS: how to present them.








No comments:

Post a Comment