Monday 2 November 2015

Intentions feedback five.

The main focus for me has to get the colour palette correct at least. Colour has not been a huge focus in my other works but now its time to think of this collection and to pull it together.
The colour board I created through images and that was fine for me as I could visually see the colour and through my older prints I did attempt the colour, but they were never correct.

Colour board


I created a colour palette using gouache paints and water colours. Water colours I wanted to use to help me look at the tones involved in my board.. the water colours I felt worked successfully as it eventually started to capture the colour.

Colour Palette
Colour Palette water colours






















Then started to select colour palettes that could work together. I was concentrating on feedback that was given on my board last week of having the minimal colours of grey tones, green tones, blues and then some vibrant pinks and purples coming through.. so the key was to have these subtle tones and then vibrant colour/s to which they could keep the theme complex/minimal going through colours.
Digital side of colour palette I hadn't attempted yet of creating swatches.. but I had a play with changing the colours of original design just using the paint bucket tool and paint brush..
I like how they still look like original marks and then the colour brings it together, the colour has helped me realise that I don't need to focus on circular shapes of creating circles or drawing circles its the marks that are the most appealing.




From that thought I'm focusing on creating new marks now and some use of the old marks to then start to add the correct colour pallet to start off the repeat designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment