Tuesday 27 October 2015

Intentions feedback four

The feedback given from this tutorial has helped me focus on what I'm needing to do more now.
As I have been practicing my skills on Photoshop with the help of the workshops of Photoshop and the cloud workshop has effectively shown my development and how to take this further.
Producing a colour board has helped my development, what I need to focus on with the colour and the proportions of colour being involved, which I noted that the collection will involve the whole colour palette not just one design needing all the colours in there... The focus is to now start playing around with the colour of my designs now its the colour that needs to be introduced in the right way. Creating a colour proportion palette will help me get this development rolling as well for the digital aspect I will be needing to create colour swatches. As involved in the board can see flashes of colours of like pinks, purples etc which will add a nice touch to the designs. As the majority of my designs have been black, white, green,blue which is still involved in the board but grey tones are introduced as well as the flashes of colours and the greens which this colour choice was worded as 'sophisticated' as still being a minimal but yet complex palette.

Close up of colour board
Colour Board.














 



                                                                                       
Showing four designs (two of these designs shown in Week without tutorial) that shown playfulness, benefited me as the group got the sense I was getting more confident with Photoshop and how I have been able to identify how and where I'm needing to take these prints.. As pointed out, colour is needed. To get the colour palette right and to see how I want the prints to look of either a one off piece or a repeat process. Originally I did like my designs as one offs but I'm feeling the need to create repeats in wallpaper as that being my context, At the moment I'm wanting the prints to be a repeat process as I found it a very helpful skill.
This picture is a quick process learnt on Mondays session of the repeat process, the only issue is the colour with this piece, as some are not the right shades but for the experimental side the repeat process was successful. To carry this development further is start using the correct dimensions for a wallpaper design.


The focus is to get the colour to generate further and to use it correctly through hand and digital to then start to create more designs that could be possible final design ideas, which then I can start thinking about the design context.

No comments:

Post a Comment