Monday 19 October 2015

Intentions Week without Tutorial.

Due to not having a tutorial this week, I feel I need to reflect on what I have done so far.
My influence of Marimekko has driven me more and more.
Taken from the feedback majority of this week I have been trying to get my practice in for Photoshop. I have created a few designs to start me off and letting myself make mistakes make good mistakes etc.
I have tried to let my Photoshop reflect my hand drawn designs of keeping the nice lined shapes and creating the patterns within the circle also of not always having a white background. As can see one of the designs has one of my hand drawn designs repeated into the background which I carried through with me from the Photoshop workshop. This certain one I like as I feel it gives it more texture to the piece as well as fits in with the theme complex/minimal.

Image 90
Image 98

                                 











What has really brought my designs on more was attending the cloud workshop, even though learning the basics of Photoshop and even the commands I found it very beneficial and my Photoshop designs have came on a lot more. I feel more confident with these newer ones- you can compare the two and see the improvement.. Again with the newer designs I have changed the background colours to not just be white or black so that I can have white and black involved in my motifs. I feel the newer designs are a lot more experimental as well as they reflect my hand drawn work more also as allowing to think more about composition of how to position these shapes to create clean crisps shapes with detailed mark making involved.
I do like a few of the digital designs, but I feel my hand drawn work communicates my theme more and has that unique line making of the continuous line which I have really developed on and I don't know how to create that continuous line in Photoshop.
I have not focused on my drawing much this week as been trying to create designs through Photoshop but I had started to create compositional ideas of how the circular shapes should be positioned which I have tried to reflect that through with the digital designs of the circles.


sketchbook. 


Sketchbook
I'm feeling quite confident with the progress of Photoshop and waiting to learn more in the
 workshop sessions provided to let my work develop further as I may find some more techniques beneficial so I can improve more on Photoshop and then hopefully my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment