Tuesday 20 October 2015

Intentions Feedback Three-

Development from last week has came on very well for me- I feel I have enough body of work and that it is coming along more and turning into design development. From last week I have been developing my work to hopefully become designs. I have focused on pattern, composition, layers as well as relating back to the theme of complex/minimal. I have been using my inspiration of a few artists and designers to help further my work, Holly wales and Merimekko have been an influence to my work at the moment.
Holly wales using shapes and overlaying the shapes on top of eachother and having them showing and create other shapes through the colours. Ive been trying to allow layering to create more detailing in my works.

Holly Wales.
Own work, inspired by Holly Wales.







Merimekko has inspired my design thoughts of the black and white media mainly but the pattern process and also being geometric and it was one certain piece that has really influenced my work, I have taken from this work of using the shape and working a pattern into a shape.

Image found on Pinterest
Merimekko
Own work inspired by Merimekko.





















Taken from the tutorial it was clear to see the development and how it flows well because of how I'm trying loads of different ways to explore designs of media, scale, compositions.
Also to further my development Alex said Photoshop and illustrator to be used, I need to get my practice in now! Be skilled! Allow myself to play around and explore the different tools and techniques that Photoshop can allow me to do.
I do feel I need to be more skilled on Photoshop and illustrator as it will really benefit me in the long run- hopefully the workshops being organised will help me with the designs.
So from this week im going to focus more on Photoshop of trying to create designs that could make my work evolve more and to hopefully make more creative and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment