Monday 19 October 2015

Ruthin craft center - W is For Wallpaper

19.10.15 9.30am Monday - Old school of art. Outside coach.
I didn't really know what to expect with this exhibition or Ruthin Craft centre in general. But wow. Inspiring, incredible, every textile/ designer dream in this building.
What I liked was the fact that it wasn't too much, it was not too much information going through your mind and not to much walking in and out of big rooms with tons of work. It was a really quirky place but beautifully designed, reminded me of a holiday cabin.
The exhibition was wonderful. It just let me really embrace the exhibition.
Susan O'Byrne - Five sisters and a family tree.
This collection made me smile, it was cute with the animals but so detailed and creative.O'Byrne body of ceramics with its detailing pattern reminded of the theme Complex/minimal- the colour of the deer was so minimal and on the back of the deer it was so complex with detailing pattern. it was how the composition was  thought of not having the pattern all over it has been placed.

Susan O'Byrne.
Five sisters and a family tree.
Julie Blyfield- Panorama
Blyfield interest me from how the jewerlly was placed in its glass boxes but it was how Blyfield let you take an insight of how her work was created which in exhibitions you don't really get to see the development its always the end piece and that made me take note of how I should be allowing my sketch book or even loose sheets to tell the journey to tell the development, show how I've got to this end result.

Julie Blyfield
Julie Blyfield













W is for wallpaper- So many designers I could say in this collection but the ones that made me think of techniques that could really work were
Tracy Kendall, Jon Burgerman and Sian Elin.
Sian Elin work is more relevant to what im doing now of the geometric shapes involved but it was the use of minimal colour involved in Elin work that I found suited me well.
Tracy kendall Iam a fan of- it was this piece again of the word minimal that triggered in my head of how minimal but complex it was being filled with textures.
Jon Burgerman was how it was not my usual sort of style which is why Burgerman interest me of how its so playful and just not what you expect of wallpaper, the composition thought in this work is what interest me of the whole piece not being all over colour and not being all over black and white it has proportion of colour which is what makes this piece more interesting.
Tracy Kendall
Jon Burgerman





Sian Elin
Due to me wanting to attend ruthin craft center, I did not attend a tutorial this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment