Thursday 7 May 2015

Tracy Kendall and Miss Selfridge- Market research






















Thoroughly reflecting on my research it has lead me to take inspiration of a wallpaper designer named Tracy Kendall of how details her works are from the texture involved in them and a key favourite of mine being layering, Kendall’s work was insight into the kind of context I would like to consider for future development of working with paper instead of fabrics, from having the advice of having to wait till I can produce prints on wallpaper did set me back in context as it would not be how I would like it to be. But the focus is fabric and the guidance I’m needing is looking what I can achieve through my deigns on fabric.

“The wallpapers have always been designed and made to be a part of a complete interior story, adding pattern, image, texture and depth to the overall interior design scheme making every space personal and special to each client.”






 





















Over the holidays I saw in a shop window a very similar format to how we are being asked to work, this format wasn’t wallpaper as such in an interior concept it was a wall hanging in a shop window which was show casing the new fashions- these hangings were full of bold bright patterns ( Miss Selfridge image 1,2). From seeing this type of window displaying, it has made me see potential in my deigns… To letting me think, could I do this? So through seeing a window display it’s still keeping my initial design process being a wallpaper, but it has gave my work a whole new concept to which I do not need bold and brilliant patterns to compete against miss Selfridges window display, as mine differs from these pieces as I’m not letting the print take over with simple clothes presenting themselves against the back drop, my idea is vice versa of having a ‘neutral’, ‘isolated’ back ground incorporating fresh new trends coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment