Thursday 19 February 2015

Embroidery

From the end of week one, I feel like I can communicate my drawings into my samples. From the data I decided to base it on my mark making I did in the knit drawing days. I felt like I could develop further with choosing the mark makings to identify data.
Hand sewing sessions of learning different styles of embroidery from intro to embroidery, basic, appliqué, coaching and Suffolk puffs. It’s the combinations of the further workshops, wanting to combine them to make them fit into my work. For my hand sewing it was one sample I picked out to what I found interesting of using a bath mat to create the textures and marks for me to then using basic stitching and thick ribbon and material to let the mat lead me to bold piece. (Picture 1&2)
)

Like in knit it was the drawing days that really influenced my work and for embroidery it was the first drawing day of doing quick drawings of objects, blind drawing, and continuous lines to then paint the negative spacing. I developed my marks further by redrawing them in the style of that drawing day to which identified the negatives, view find the most interesting areas and to make them simpler to then I worked more into my samples combing hand and machine. Producing 10-15 samples a week was a challenge, I realised the more I did in my sketchbook of designs I found that my original samples was what I needed to work more into of using what I originally produced as grounds to keep building up the texture to create the marks.                                      With embroidery it felt like we was literally pushed in the deep end straight away. Which reflecting back on it now, it did make me push
myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment