Thursday 19 February 2015

PE Task 2

Over the sampling unit of being introduced into knit first I chosen to speak about sibling of one of their works what was a very different approach to their everyday works, a project for Disney’s 20th anniversary, but it wasn't the project mainly that made me think it was how they communicated. Using visual research and drawings to communicate what the outcome would possibly be like, which is what I could not get the hang of a first- with the outcomes I produced and referring back to my knits helped me develop more to where it was I preferred the drawings to knit more. But looking into siblings ‘original’ style it did give me a look into knit being a big part in fashion and how to get my point across, the scale of the knits produced I could of gone bigger and used my research into a further context of one of the samples being based of stairs with nice bold vibrant colours with texture building from the sample it could make a nice detailed skirt what bounced when moving like you do going down stairs. With the knits the context could have developed further and further of like sibling making not just garments but head accessories like balaclavas.                                                                                   With knit the context could have got out of hand as could communicate it still in that data order to what I collected. Embroidery rotation to communicate the samples being based on marks made me want to scale them up as well and really get that texture across from the original mark. Mono printing was the main influence to the samples of wanting to create these textured marks on fabrics, but whereas context was concerned I couldn't find the right place for my samples.
The last rotation I decided to take forward was embroidery, from seeing my last body of work I felt more confident with this choice. In this rotation it wasn't till the end I realised what I really had the passion for because of the research I had to ‘back me up’ wasn't very good, WGSN was a source I looked at from seeing what others took from the same word as me(‘Everyday Superheroes’) Sacha Goldberg approach was humour full of photographing superheroes in the 16th century, Sacha work did give me idea of keeping humour involved to then Roland Mouret 1970s body conscious women, it was his approach of using women as the everyday superheroes- Inge Jacobsen was the initial thought to this project of embroidering onto magazine to give more texture to where Jose Romussi used embroidery in a small dose.
It was fashion that kept cropping in my mind of bold prints though, but from literally adapting my work last minute of creating grounds it was bringing back to the original thought of tattoos, and what if the grounds became tattoos on the body, just like how peter has this tattoo on him?

Over this sampling unit the word context has been hard to consider but with the body of work produced over the last rotation to this 3 week of sampling I feel the context has finally been considered.


No comments:

Post a Comment