Tuesday 29 September 2015

Intentions- PDP Feedback

Being the first tutorial it went surprisingly well and very helpful. Feedback towards my work was fair to say being a sketchbook full of drawings during the summer, but now it was time to get out the sketch book and get onto larger scale hopefully soon. My only issue being I felt I needed more visual research to extend the theme further. From the summer work and googling the theme meanings, I have started to pick out shapes involved in my work of circular shapes mainly to which I'm finding the word complex to be taken into a geometric theme which then allows me to fit into the wallpaper design area. But more visual research will allow me to add more ideas.
Alex was confident that the body of work was good and I could further it but if I felt the need to further the visual side then I may. It wasn't the work that was the issue he felt like I needed to not overthink the theme, it was more of allowing myself to evolve which meant my work would evolve, patterns, colours, textures hopefully evolving more and allowing myself to 'GO FOR IT'.  Presenting my brief draft during the tutorial,  I was surprised of it being acceptable and only tweaking it a little of how am I going to get started?
In agreement with the comments I feel more aware now of how to approach this project. Needing to relax a little and to trust myself and my judgements of creating quantity instead of quality.
The quantity side is the main focus this week of producing further visual research by gathering pictures, drawings and to 'GO FOR IT'.

No comments:

Post a Comment