Wednesday 30 September 2015

Intentions workshop - Drawing task.

Monday afternoon session consisted on an intresting talk of allowing some insights of various artists work to which gave me personally some tips of how to present work in a sketchbook form, note form, artwork. it was intresting to see how these artists work and what they focus on in their works. a lot of note taking and information was involved, to sum the talk up it was inspiring and very intresting.
The workshop being based on responding to words, hanging visual 'stuff' on a abstract word. from that senetence its sounds challenging and it was for me personally,  as I felt like compared to everyone else I didn't have enough visual research and even more my work was all small in a A4sketchbook. but from the task being challenging it was helpful and allowed me to draw In different techniques and to help me realise what I was drawings whilst view finding interesting areas to respond to.
The 6 words I chosen were Simple, Graphic, faint, Overlaid and rhythmic. These certain words I felt did base themselves with theme and that they could hopefully open up further visual research to my work to get it started.





















Simple I felt reflected the minimal side of the theme and chosen a blue pen to work with as its a soft colour but comparing to my other words and to the work created, I felt it was too simple. Graphic was for the geometric side to complex and as a thought to mainstream wallpaper it is much graphic, from the graphic drawing it was more rectangle shapes instead of circular which I felt worked well as was showing I was introducing more shapes into my work.


 Faint was a challenging of creating this faint approach to my
work, my work is very bold normally so faint was the challenge for me as it is not the norm for me to create. But I combined the two shapes with my faint work. On the picture you may see the faint circular shapes leading onto faint lines to create a grid effect and then to have bold colours involved to contrast with the faint lines.
The workshop today has pushed me to draw a lot more and bigger, not to keep in my sketch book as much. Needing to let this work evolve, and by starting a drawing workshop first thing on a Monday has actually benefited me to get on with the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment