Monday 15 February 2016

Locating:Self Initiated- 06 Tutorial

DEADLINE WEEK-

Now I’ am doing two projects I’m finding it easier to name them instead of both being called self-initiated brief. MINI project is the figurative (original theme) and the 2nd I've named Placement Minimal.
Mini project has come on from last week as now have designs that are figurative... one of the designs I had a purple background but where the motifs should be purple to portray that background was still white it didn't look right so could I tweak that to purple like the original background. the image below is the design that was suggested to tweak which now looks miles better.. I got the feedback that to play around with it more if I wanted to as I’m only going to submit 2 final designs for this mini brief. So just to allow myself to experiment with it and the chosen palette and to get the designs ready and in context.

Chair0001

Placement Minimal collection(PM)- Eco had a huge part in my designs as I really made my marks simple so I could work with them easily... I starting introducing colour from the mini project but the colours that I found to be very minimal in that palette which Alex was happy with as even though they are the same palette they are different as I can tweak the tones of the chosen 6 colours. For the PM collection I just needed to gather more designs now and start putting them into context so I can have a play around with them and actually visualise them.






Simple Marks
(scanned from sketchbook)
 

My audience is for the contract market, ideally an office space, purely because office spaces are very minimal and simple with a lot of grey, white and black in them, so I feel my designs will fit perfectly in that environment.
Im very impressed with this design already, as how its placed on the wall it gives the area a minimal but sophisticated effect.. the feedback given was to create these designs and get them straight into context to see how effective the placement will look.
So for this final week it’s now time to crack on!

Chair2001


No comments:

Post a Comment