Monday 1 February 2016

Locating: 05-Live Brief

A lot has happened in a week.
I have been dedicated to illustrator of creating the designs into patterns and then into swatches and then using the pen tool to create the geo shapes, I thought by now learned that technique that the majority of my designs would be illustrator based but I do like my simple designs so some of the pattern repeats are simple to which then I went back to my comfort and I started creating designs in Photoshop using different Motifs and making them into repeat patterns. In total I had 6 designs being illustrator based and 4 in Photoshop.

Paul Smith Colour Inspiration
The colour palette on a few designs is a mixture of Adamley and Paul smith... The designs I have completely changed by using different colours and different motifs from each Archives. The colour inspiration from Paul Smith (Image) was from Paul Smith website, it stood out for me from the balance of colours used, I liked how the pink is involved as pink tones are a masculine colour also when mixed with blues, purples and greys – This Palette did fit perfectly in with the theme as it did give a masculine effect to the designs when placed on the paisley and Geometric print.

I have in total done about 13 designs, I feel that 13 is a good body of work as each design is unique, I haven’t produced any more designs now I have just been going back into the designs and re designing them, Some of the designs I have just stripped back and made so simple and others are very geometric. The aim for this new week is to get the designs narrowed down and put onto boards ready for the hand in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment