Thursday 14 April 2016

UNIT X - EDUCATOR: MICRO TEACHING BRIEF

The brief given was talked through whilst handed out and the key things I picked upon were:
* LINK to my PRACTICE  * NEED to know LO 
   OR                                    * PRINTED HANDOUTS (Easier than digital)
* A INTEREST of mine      * My group + 2 
* 10 MINUTES or under
* DEAD SIMPLE  
From them key points I have been trying to generate some ideas. (mind blank) I had produced a mind map during the session near the end and I was just struggling! Really struggling. How do you deliver a workshop in 10 minutes? Around my practice? HELP.

Mind map of ideas for the workshop

During the session we had a group discussion on feedback. 
what is feedback? 
feedback should be a 2 way conversation with them.. 2 way process that needs to be ongoing. 
Can ask for targeted feedback
ASK = what you want feedback on
TELL = Give them the feedback they want
ACTION = what I will do differently


Here is a example of what a session plan looks like and what mine should look like for my micro teach session.
This guide line is very helpful especially as im struggling at the moment to generate a concept.. this plan is insightful and lets me see how you would really plan a session and how structured and precise you would be. So the next step is to generate my idea to hopefully create a work shop.
(Wish me luck!!)

Session Plan Example




Session Plan Example

No comments:

Post a Comment