Monday 18 January 2016

Locating: 03-Live Tutorial

From last week I have been rattling my brains on how to make these neck ties lively and contemp, I started to look back on my Pinterest of the boards I have created on there and Geometric occurs a lot in my work ( I do Love a geometric print)
From that little thought I started drawing shapes and tried working different shapes with different compositions together.
I was not overly impressed with my drawings I wanted a clean edge and straight lines... I started cutting out paper to create the shapes and different compositions. I had an idea of the geometric prints to cover the designs, and the designs you then will see through the shapes... so again I started cutting into the paper.
 Taken from the tutorial it was clear to see I have started generating a theme(finally) but It was missing  the archives, to get the ball going I was just needing that visit and the archives and all I was waiting for was an email back to allow me to go as I contacted the head designer of Adamley. So the advice was really to push for the visit. As well as to think about this twist of paisley and geometric?
Colour palette was suggested as not having the archives to go off for a palette. Seasons of SS or AW and take colour inspiration from this year’s seasons. Taking inspiration from this year’s seasons is a good suggestion and I would never thought of that idea, but for this brief I would prefer Adamley’s scheme.

(Emails of contacting Adamley are in a file)

Inspiration Board - Pintrest

No comments:

Post a Comment