Thursday 21 January 2016

Locating: Adamley Site Visit





I would like to this time to thank Joanne Ratcliffe for allowing me to have this visit as it was truly inspirational and I enjoyed the whole experience.
Adamley is in a quite location in a little village name Langley. 
Once on site Jo showed me the little design studio where herself and 3 other designers work it was like a small office with 4 desks. Whilst I was there I was speaking to Jo’s colleagues of how they find it hear and just generally interested in meeting actual designers.  The software they use is called Ned which I have not heard of before as I did question if they use Photoshop or illustrator but it was that software they mentioned... I got to see some of the designs they were working on there and then and the designs were lovely somewhere being recreated and used in a different way and some designs were what the client has asked for...  I then went and saw the screen room and was shown how the designs are put onto a screen digitally to which lead into the next room where the digital printers stay and in that same room was 100s of archives as well as different fabrics, because of time I didn’t get to see all the archives or have chance to go through them. From that room I was lead into the drying room where I got to see the designs on the fabrics (the ones I saw where incredible) I got to see the dye baths, screen printing room and wash room. Absolutely loved it in Adamley the building looks small from the outside but it’s actually huge, I could not thank Jo and her team enough for welcoming me and talking to me about working there.
From the visit I caught on that they redesign the designs purely because they do have hundreds probably thousands of archives dating back. And by redesigning them is bringing them back by taking inspiration from a border then making into a full design with a full design they made into a border. So from that inspiration and now being told that a few of the archives are at MMU in needing to get hold of them and use my idea of Geo VS. Paisley.

(No pictures taken on site)

No comments:

Post a Comment