Monday 11 January 2016

Locating: Self Initiated- 01 Tutorial

For the self-initiated, I taken inspiration from Adamley. I’m taking the classic British approach to this self-initiated project, the classic British is the traditional style of wallpaper and my theme will be about the town called Macclesfield where Adamley is. To get the ball going it clear that this work is going to be figurative so I’m needing my own source of drawings and photos to start generating ideas, as this work will be figurative I’m needing to get inspiration of traditional wallpaper and having Timorous Beastie-  London Tolle wallpaper suggested to me..

Taking the comments on board I was needing to plan this time wisely of taking photos and drawings as its running alongside live brief... For the self I started researching into London Tolle and absolutely loved it, the simple colour palette, the detailing in the designs and even sense of humour involved. My extended research I came across William Morris of just traditional wallpaper in British homes, as the theme is running along with traditional I found Morris a good source to reference back to traditional wallpaper. Further research was looking on Pinterest at Tolle and the ones I put together was how I would approach this project, the key words so to speak: Traditional, Figurative, Tolle, Macclesfield.
Inspiration Board

No comments:

Post a Comment